Thursday, May 21, 2015

DeSha's

Our 54th Review
Official Review #54


1166 US 68
Maysville, KY 41056

606.564.9275

We had 5 on this trip, I had the Kentucky Burger w/Brioche bun  it was right around $10 it was,
Topped with country ham and cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onions. We also ordered the
Potato Skins - very good $7.99 large portion
Topped with cheddar and jack cheeses, bacon and scallions.  Served with sour cream & salsa.
Fried Pickles $6.99
Dill spears deep fried to a golden brown and served with creamy dill sauce.
Stuffed Mushrooms
Mushrooms stuffed with crabmeat and cheese.
Chicken Tenders

Fried chicken tenders served your favorite way: Coconut, Southern Fried or Buffalo style, we got the Coconut tenders.
1 of us ordered the Kentucky Hot Brown, another Burger and Fried Catfish and Chicken Fettucine,

We arrived around 4:30pm on a Friday, just ahead of the dinner rush, we were seated right away and the waitress was nice & friendly, we ordered Full Portions of the appetizers but when they arrived they were huge orders, they offer half orders, now we know that's the way to go.

The Coconut Chicken Tenders were huge and very good, with only a light coconut taste, the Fried Pickles were average, but a huge order, the Skins very good and plenty of them, the Stuffed Mushrooms were delicious, I wanted more of them, I would return just for the Appetizers and order half portions next time.

When our Entrees arrived, my Burger was huge, one of the biggest I've ever had anywhere, a large piece of Meat, and big Brioche Bun, this bun is my favorite, everyone commented on how big and awesome looking the burgers looked.

My 1st bite, was told me right away that it was clearly not going to live it to its great looks, it definitely appeared to be real beef, but it just did not stand up to the taste test and to it's nearly $10 price tag, and the Brioche Bun, which I normally love, had no real taste to it, very plain bun,

I had not seasonings I could detect in it, I brought half of it home as I was filled up on the good appetizers, even later at home the burger still was average tasting, it was not a bad burger, but it was not a great one, but average in taste.

I would not recommend this burger as there are several better in the area, Hutchison's Grocery & Delites are only about 5 minutes or so away from here, and the burgers much cheaper and twice as good.

I would recommend and return for the appetizers, prices on them were about what they are at most places, the Fried Catfish was very good, but one of the smallest portioned of the meals and for around $17 it was overpriced, the Chicken Fettucine was bad, normally I prefer mine a White color, this one was reddish in color, I have never liked Chicken Fettucine that's red, and neither did our other members, Pasquales just down the road has one that's twice as good and cheaper.

We were all in agreement about the Burgers and appetizers as we always try each others food if we order something different. my Wife liked her Kentucky Hot Brown, so we can recommend it.

Final Thoughts: Very Good Appetizers, average Burger. The Crab Stuffed Mushrooms were awesome, a little expensive but awesome!.

Final Rating: 6.0*

Next Tasty Review: Fudruckers, we tried this one recently while on a trip, as we passed through Knoxville, Tennessee.



Crab Stuffed Mushrooms were awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment

be respectful and courteous to all, on this blog, no foul language or needless bashing, ect.