Friday, July 27, 2018

We met with Frank!

During Cincinnati Burger Week 2018, we met with Frank in July 21st, 2018 at the Tickle Pickle, Frank was one of the 3 original Cincinnati Burger guys from their famous blog of the early and mid-2000's.

They had quite a following in the day & I was one of them, I started this blog & kept a piece of their name in our's for the great respect & admiration I had for them & what they were doing back then, & that's reviewing Burgers, something I love & something I've always done but had never thought about doing detailed in-depth reviews on the burgers & places I ate at, then I realized how much I enjoyed reading reviews, especially the ones Frank wrote as he was the Main Blogger in their group, he wrote excellent reviews that were right on point for the many locations they visited, my kids were young then & I would take the whole Family to many of the places they rated highly & I would send them my suggestions for others they should visit, it was a Fantastic blog to follow & it's still up on the web & I will post a link to it.

The Old Cincinnati Burger Guys are no longer together now, Frank told me he does his own blog about other things and that 1 of the other 3 regular members had moved away, to Chicago I think he said, & the 3rd one was hospitalized due to his memory loss due to age I assume.

Here is a link to the Cincinnati Burger Guys Blog that was very popular & active in the early to mid-2000's, & sadly no longer active today, but I keep their Memory alive with our own blog here, the New Cincinnati, Burger guys & gals.
Cincinnatiburgerguys    - It's a great place to read about Burgers from years ago here in the area, many of the places they visited are still in business today & we have reviewed many of them ourselves.

We met Frank at the Tickle Pickle, it was his choice from the many burger spots participating in Cincinnati Burger week, & one we had never tried before, we met him around Lunchtime on the last Saturday of Burger week, it was not too crowded at the Tickle, but was started to get crowded by the time we were finished, Frank texted me & said I would know him by the Hat he was wearing, he wore a Burger Hat, a Hat that looked like a Hamburger, it was the perfect thing for him to have done, we loved it, Frank,,.

I can't remember now how long we talked & then we stood for a while afterward outside talking, all about Burgers, food, reviewing & related things.

My Wife & I just listened to the many stories from their Blogs Glory days, & loved every minute of it, we actually learned a lot & you could tell Frank enjoyed discussing it, especially with new people that were also into Burgers.

Thanks again Frank for the awesome visit & for taking the time to meet with us & review the Tickle Pickle, overall it was not a top 10 Burger on our list or for any list for that matter, but it was a decent one, we would say a Fairly good burger at best, the Patty as Frank remarked appeared to be of a Uniform Shape, more a perfect square which told us all that it was possibly not hand-made on site but came frozen out of a box, so I'm not sure exactly what they make their Patties from or where they get them, but the taste was also extremely plain, except for the burn from the grill, definitely had no spices.

Frank had said he may do his own review of the place & write it up & email it to me, that's why I'm holding off on our main review of this Burger, I will hold off until next Monday & if I don't get a review from him, I will post our full review on the Tickle Pickle, definitely not top 10 & Most likely out of the top 20 as there are too many other excellent Burgers in the area, I've heard good reviews on this place but they did not stand up to the test.

Take care Frank & hope to talk burgers  & food again sometime.

The New Cincinnati Burger Guys & Gals!


No comments:

Post a Comment

be respectful and courteous to all, on this blog, no foul language or needless bashing, ect.